This best-selling introduction to medical terminology, Stanfield’s Essential Medical Terminology 5th edition (PDF), is based on the body-systems method and is flexible enough to be used in self-instructional or traditional course formats. Suited for students of all levels in the health professions, the accessible Essentials of Medical Terminology, 5th Edition provides the appropriate amount of detail needed to learn the basics of medical terminology. After learning the fundamentals of pronunciation, medical students can study the chapters in any order the instructor deems appropriate.
Key Features of the 5th Edition:
– Allied Health Professions boxes list specialties and specialists
– Confusing Medical Terms boxes compare and define similar-sounding terms
– A wealth of full-color photographs and illustrations showing common clinical disorders and associated anatomy
– Pharmacology and Medical Terminology boxes relate medical terminology to drugs and their classification, function, and active ingredients
– Instructor resources include slides in PowerPoint format, Test Bank, and Instructor’s Manual with Suggested Activities, Case Study and Final Exam (not included in this sale)
NOTE: This sale only includes the Stanfield’s Essential Medical Terminology 5e PDF eBook. No online codes or other resources come with the sale.