Now in a new, larger format, this 5th edition of the classic Topical Diagnosis in Neurology: Anatomy, Physiology, Signs, Symptoms 5th edition provides the clear, integrated presentation of anatomy, functions, and disorders of the central nervous system and serves as a quick reference for practitioners and trainees alike. It elucidates the neuroanatomical pathways that lead to specific clinical syndromes, and demonstrates how solid anatomical knowledge combined with a thorough neurological examination can help localize a lesion and arrive at a diagnosis.
Features of the 5th Edition:
- An enlarged page design that showcases more than 400 detailed anatomic illustrations and MRI and CT images of the highest quality
- A logical, thematic structure, with useful summaries at the beginning of each chapter and color-coded section headings that enable readers to distinguish between neuroanatomical and clinical material at-a-glance
- An integrated, modern, and interdisciplinary approach to topical neurologic diagnosis, showing how knowledge of basic neuroanatomy and neurophysiology can be applied in the clinical setting
- A wide range of study aids and clinical correlations that support the emphasis on integrative medicine in the current medical school curriculum
- A collection of updated case studies, state-of-the-art imaging examples, and a new introduction to the principle components of the nervous system
Topical Diagnosis in Neurology, 5th Edition is an ideal reference for neuroscientists and neurologists who correlate neurologic diseases to anatomic location to complete a diagnosis or understand a clinical syndrome. It is also an essential tool for trainees and advanced students who need a solid grounding in key neurofunctional relationships.